Thursday, July 24, 2014

Best Chocolate Avacado Pudding EVER... No, seriously!

I know what you're thinking... Pudding IS NOT made with avocados!!! Well, this recipe does use avocados, and it is by far the BEST chocolate pudding I've eaten in a long time... Maybe it's because we don't buy processed foods, try to stay away from sugar, and haven't eaten "real" pudding in about 10 months... Or maybe it REALLY IS just super yummy?! You should try it for yourself and let me know the outcome! :)  Hey, at least it's pretty, right?


I actually heard about this recipe while at the Young Living Lavender Farm in Utah during their Essential Oil Convention a couple of weeks ago. There was a cooking class using Essential Oils by Jan Zerr, and she was AMAZING! She didn't use precise measurements, but I was able to take notes and mimic her Chocolate Pudding and Cashew Cream for layers. So... Here's what I did to semi copy her recipe.

Ingredients:  (I'm a firm believer in organic everything)
-4 ripe Avocados
-8 Dates (pitted and soaked in warm filtered water for at least 15 minutes to soften)
-1/2 Cup of Raw Honey
-1 Cup Raw Cacao
-1 1/2 Teaspoons of real Vanilla extract
-1/2 Cup filtered water

*Place all ingredients in the food processor or high powered blender and mix until completely creamy and lumps are gone. I absolutely adore my Breville Food Processor, but when it comes to creams and puddings, I think I might have to give in a purchase a Vitamix very soon. My pudding was a wee bit lumpy, but still delicious. :)

At this point, I added 5 drops of Young Living Orange Essential Oil and turned the food processor back on for a few seconds to get it mixed together.  I think this really made the entire pudding. On a side note: I don't recommend ingesting or cooking with ANY Essential Oil, unless it is Young Living brand only.

There ya have it... A delicious Healthy, Diary Free, Sugar Free, Gluten Free Chocolate Pudding the entire family can enjoy!

Did your family gobble it up like mine did? Leave me comments below! :)



*Cashew Cream recipe coming soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment